Thursday, February 15, 2007

Shameless Bragging

My son, Daniel, he is basically a stud!

He is a back-sleeper, enjoys sleeping on his back and has never really taken to "tummy time." I feel a little responsible for his not liking "tummy time" because as his Mom, I should be more diligent about putting him on his tummy.

Everyone has been telling me that 5 or 6 months is the time baby's start crawling - BUT - if they haven't been on their tummy much, it may take longer.

Up until tonight, Daniel has shown no real aptitude for crawling - AND THEN - he scooched his little butt in the air and began pulling his feet under himself!!!! He tried to push up with his hands which resulted in a very quick roll over maneuver and when he found himself on his back, he let out a bit of a giggle. It was almost like he was saying, "Did you see that!?" We put him back on his tummy and went through the whole process again.

Did I mention that my back-sleeping, "I hate tummy-time" boy is 5 MONTHs OLD?

Bring it on ladies - tell me about your 5 month old full on crawler! You can even tell me about your cousin's, neighbor's sister's niece who crawled at 3.5 months. It won't and could never make me lose any pride in my 5 month old "almost crawler!"

Yeah Daniel!!!

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

So I had to ask my friend and we both said "NOOOOO, not at 5 months!" sitting by himself at 5 months is good. Crawling? No. Noah did walk at 10 months, but the other 3 where after a year. :)
No worries!! He is doing wonderful!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! And 5 months is really early. He's a genius, I just knew it!