Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Nap Time? Is it REALLY Important?

Daniel will not take a nap in his crib! There - I've said it! I feel like I'm damaging him in some way by not having a morning and afternoon nap! Now - I got a book out and it said, 14 to 15 hours of sleep per day is the goal - that would mean 10, 11, or 12 hours at night and then naps throughout the day to make up the rest. The "book" said multiple cat-naps or two biggies were both acceptable. Am I freaking out over nothing? I'd be glad to hear from some friends how they got nap time implemented.

Bibs - I got a million at my shower and couldn't figure out why - NOW I KNOW!!!! He drools - and drools - and spits up and then drools some more! I love bibs!

My doggie is still very jealous of Daniel. He will "cut me off at the pass" as I approach Daniel. I will head towards him to pick him up and Bailey gets right between us. He's taken to sleeping in Daniel's room on one the chairs in there just to catch us and maybe get some attention. Walks are difficult right now because of the weather and darkness when Jim comes home. Pray for Bailey - he's still pretty sad.

Daniel's still growing - so fast! He is barely 5 months old and in 6 -12 month clothing. He has a few 6 mo. outfits that still fit but the 9 mo. ones are better. A few items are labeled "6-12" and he fits just fine in those. I just can't believe how fast he's been growing.

Baby shoes for the non-walker??? Any ideas.

All for now!

3 comments:

momaof4 said...

Naps are hard when you are on the go. I think that is why Moms feel "stuck" at home at times. You have to schedule them in. Afternoon's were alway's easy for us!! Plus a litte shut eye for yourself. I don't think it matters to much if he is in his crib...try staying in the room with him? we read the Baby Wise Book. It helped with Noah sleeping a ton.

Noah was so bad at drooling I had to have the platic/cloth ones together!!

Maya, our dog, alway's sits right in front of me when I sit on the floor to change pants. Like it is her turn too!! Now the kids love her and she gets their attention as well.

Shoes only if you want to keep his toes warm with out a blanket...or dress up is so cute too! But really not till they walk, and they even say bare feet are best for that too, not out in public...

Can't wait for the weekend!!!
love you

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just saw that you posted on my blog, so I popped over. Thanks for sharing it with me. I love the whole blog thing. Totally awesome!

Here is my .02:

I agree with momaof4, Baby Wise. I love nap time. I still have everyone 'rest' for an hour in the afternoon because I need alone time. But it depends what works for you. If you are fine with his schedule the way it is, then go with it. If it isn't working for you, then try some other things.

My kids didn't wear shoes until they were walking. It was too much work for me!

I couldn't believe how big Daniel was yesterday. He is so cute, and getting to be a big boy.
See you this weekend :)

HappyMomma2 said...

Karen and I both did babywise-it was wonderful. But that was 1/2 us and 1/2 the type of children we had. You are such a good mommy and you know your baby much better than any book-you do whatever you think is best.