Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It Finally Happened Today

Someone asked me if Daniel was my Grandson. I wasn't that surprised. I've sort of been waiting for the question to be quite honest. The young gal felt kind of awkward and tried to cover her embarassment by telling me how cute Daniel is.

I guess there is a part of me that just accepts that I am an older mom, but there is still that sad part that wishes it could have happened long ago. BUT...

God is God and I am not. He has perfect wisdom and timing and grace!

I would rather have waited all these years and got to have Daniel than to have "given up" and spent my life without children. Jim feels very much the same way. He told me just the other day, "these are the happiest days of my life." We are LOVING our life and no comment about being the Grandma can squelch it!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is any consolation or not, but here goes.

Once, Jason had a picture on his desk of me, and the three girls. One of his customers asked if we were his grandkids :) Being bald since the age of 20 has always been reason for people to think he is older than he really is.

I love your perspective on it of God's perfect timing! And no matter what, strangers always have words to say, and they are not always kind.

I always get, "are you done yet?" and "Finally got the boy, huh?"

Happy McNally Mom said...

I'm with Leslie on always getting the comments, "Wow your kids are so far apart, did you plan that?" Or during those four years between kids, "When are you guys going to have more."
I have come to realize that people just can't help themselves.
The bottom line is that God has a perfect plan and none of us would have the kids we have without that perfect plan.

momaof4 said...

You SO don't look like a grandma!! Oh, my gosh!! But having a sister who is 43 also, it it totally normal to me.
When my brother got married,my Mom was shocked to find out that my SIL grandparents were her age and her parents were closer to my sisters age!!! Life :)

Alida said...

O.k. this is really going to make you feel better! I just read Karen's comment after posting my first comment. I thought you were way younger than me. So there!

Molly said...

I simply love how you and Jim are surrendered to God's plan for your lives. I have watched you both embrace His will.

Giving up our desires to walk in the ways God has for us is not always easy, but always the best.

I cannot imagine you two without sweet Daniel. It would be so weird. The wait was long and yes, many of us can look back and wish to change a few things. But the journey right now is so wonderful, you shouldn't let the grandma comment squelch it!

Yeah that you didn't, you chose to lift your eyes upward and offer yet another prayer of thanks. And you were gracious to the comment maker. That's my friend, full of Gods love and wisdom!