Friday, September 12, 2008

Two Years Ago Today...

I was trying to track down my husband. I needed to speak with him about a baby boy that was born in Newport, Oregon just a few days prior that needed to go home that day with his forever family. I was having a little trouble finding Jim through the phone or email so about 10.25am, I jumped in my car and drove to his office. I left a desk covered with papers and computer still logged in.
Jim and I finally connected and after a few more hours, we drove home with our son that very evening. What a day! I will never forget.
I will also never forget the kind and loving friends that were there in Salem waiting for us with baby items and even some frozen dinners. It was about 10pm mind you. I think Abby got her boys out of bed to be there!!! What a blessing.
Now Daniel is two years old and I can hardly imagine our lives without him. What a difference a day makes!
With God, all things are possible. I REALLY BELIEVE THAT!

8 comments:

Sharon said...

You said it! Amen!

Happy Birthday Daniel!!

Molly said...

Oh how I remember that day! I was so jealous of Gary...green with envy. But happy that he was able to be there for all of you.

Did you know I left my kids...all three of them... home alone to be at the church when you arrived. Nothing was going to stop me.

I was nervous to ask to hold Daniel. You had waited so long for a precious baby, I was certian you would want to hold him forever. I did ask and you were happy to share. I love that about you. Sharing the gift that God gave to you.

He was so handsome, warm, snuggly. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Happy birthday sweet Daniel and happy remembering day Angie and Jim! I love you guys!

Their Giant said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet story, Angie. Happy Birthday, big boy.

Angela said...

I LOVE this!

I remember when this all went down.

It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it......Happy birthday sweet boy!!! You are a GIFT!!!

Valerie of Momia said...

I remember when I was home with a five week old Makayla when Josh came home with your awesome news. I hadn't met you yet. I hadn't even heard of you yet. But how amazing! I remember you telling me the story a few months later. So incredible. Babies don't fall out of the sky. But, after waiting so very long for your chance at adoption...this is as close as it gets!!

God is good.

I look forward to seeing both of you on Tuesday!!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for sharing your story. What an amazing thing. I can't even imagine the wide variety of emotions that must have been coursing through you that day! How awesome that you were given the gift of Daniel and he was given the very special birthday gift of two parents who wanted him like crazy!

Lara said...

I totally remember that day Angie. He was adorable and still is!! You both were gleaming with joy and love and little bit of shock! Miss you very much, but I am excited to hear Daniel is doing well. Happy Birthday big boy!! Loves and hugs.

Alida said...

Angie,

Funny how one day your life is going along and then the next day it's completely different. Wonderfully different and perfect.

Happy belated birthday Daniel!