Friday, August 22, 2008

Requests

My day begins with a request. "Sin', sin'." Translation - "sing." Further translation - "Please turn on the music."

More requests - "Poo poo! Poo poo!" Translation - "Let's go to the backyard and look for any dog poop and then pick it up right away!"

Another request - "Foffee" Translation - "Can I have a sip of your coffee?" (By the way, we thought by giving him a sip of black coffee we would stop future requests - it didn't work.)

Jim comes home from work every day to the same request - "Mayo. Mayo." Translation - "Can we go and get the mail from the mailbox?"

I think what Daniel is really requesting is that we love him and spend time with him. Our answer, “OK, we will!”

8 comments:

Lara said...

That is SO cute Angie!!!! It sounds like you guys are doing well. = ) Miss you ~

Happy McNally Mom said...

He is so big now. How cute!

Angela said...

So sweet!

momaof4 said...

I like how he wants to pick up the dog poop. Wonder when that will end :)

Dawn said...

Hi Angie, Fun to catch up with Daniel's cute words. We still don't say some correctly because Brandon's interpretations were too fun. mer-oat = remote. enumems = M&M's. Did you know we're moving to Illinois? My job is moving us.. in late December. More details on my blog.
Dawn Woldhuis

Sharon said...

Adorable! And I love that he enjoys collected things....anything from mail to even poop! Thata boy! : )

Tiffany said...

The thing I love about watching a baby grow is that everything is so exciting and new...even things we think of as mundane tasks like picking up dog poop from the back yard! Just wait until he's a teenager and that becomes his chore...yikes!

This helps me remember that I need to be more patient when my son is asking for such things...you have an excellent outlook on it!

Molly said...

Children are such a joy. I'm thankful that God has blessed us with children to share our love with. Daniel is so sweet. I hope his birthday was great. Two years old, I remember it like yesterday when he came home.