Friday, May 2, 2008

Grazie Signore

Here is an exerpt from the book I'm reading, Ragamuffin Gospel. The author, Brennan Manning uses a song written by the court composer to the Austrian emperor as an example of what "lies at the heart of our response to the graciousness of God and the gospel of grace."
Grazie Signore, for Your lips twisted in love to accommodate my sinful self; for judging me not by my shabby good deeds but by Your love that is Your gift to me; for You unbearable forgiveness and infinite patience with me; for other people who have greater gifts than mine; and for the honesty to acknowledge that I am a ragamuffin. When the final curtain falls and You summon me home, may my last whispered word on earth be the wholehearted cry, "Grazie, Signore."
~Antonio Salieri

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh I might just have to get that!

Hope you are doing well and have a wonderful weekend!

Alida said...

Awesome!

Molly said...

I heard a blurb on the radio from Brennan Manning. The content spoke straight to my heart. While mentioning it to Gary he commented about this book. Now I know I'm going to have to find my own copy and devour it. Sounds like good stuff! Love you!

Dayna said...

I like that a lot. :)

good to hear from you! I showed Dad the pictures of your beautiful boy and he was so excited to see he was doing well... yes! there is a new addition to dad's family! it's Becky's first, so we are all really excited.. he is great. :) here is a link if you want to go see the album I made of his life so far...
love!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2217545&l=c42ca&id=10733131