Thursday, August 16, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance?


I realize that my favorite competitive show is not up there with "American Idol" but I absolutely LOVE "So You Think You Can Dance." I was really not seeing a front-runner in the beginning but once the final four was determined, I was for Sabra. Guess what? Sabra WON!!!!

I love Dance! I am so facinated by movement in general. I love to watch how people walk, gesture, run, play sports, and yes - dance. I think God wired me that way.

I have always been extremely comfortable in my own skin once I'm allowed to move. It makes no sense, I know, because of my insecurities about my weight and such, but I really feel much better about myself when I can move. Sometimes that takes the form of dance but it could just be getting out on the softball field or gesturing toward a sign.

I recently went with a girlfriend to see "Hairspray" and she was seeing it for the second time. She raved about it! She explained that it wasn't really her style to see movies over and over but she planned on watching "Hairspray" often, it was that good to her. She suddenly realized that in her zeal, she had never asked my thoughts on "Hairspray." She turned to me and asked, "Are you into this? I mean, do you really want to see this movie? Is this your kind of thing?"

My response - "What do you think!? It's about an overweight girl that dances more like her black peers and proves to the greater Baltimore area that a fat girl can dance!? Oh yes, I'm into this!"

I'm not certain you all really are wanting to ask, but just in case - YES, I think I can dance!

7 comments:

Alida said...

Sarah took me to see Hairspray for my birthday. We had so much fun, definately the kind of movie that makes you want to get up and dance!!

Anonymous said...

I really need to watch that show next time. I love American Idol, and everyone is raving about So You Think You Can Dance. I'm in on the next go round.

And NO, I cannot dance!

Sharon said...

I have no moves whatsoever, but I SOOO want to see yours! That's awesome! I've never seen the tv show, but I do want to go see Hairpray! I heard it's great!

Christy said...

Oh Angie! Yew is not fat, yew is just a fluffy lil' lamb! You were born graceful and dance beautifully. Of course you love the show! Please teach Daniel so we can have one man in our family who CAN dance. Lord knows our brothers can't! We really need to sing & dance more at our family functions if for no other reason than to laugh at the uncles and show Daniel how NOT to do it! LOL!
Aunt Christy will dance with him!

Glory Laine said...

I've been avoiding this post for awile because the finale was still sitting in my tivo waiting for a time when Michelle and I could get together for us to watch it. Such a great show. And the judges are much better than on idol.

Happy McNally Mom said...

I was soooooooo happy that she won. I loved the show this season. They were all so good. I wish I could be a friend who says she has all the moves on the dance floor, but I don't. I am such a bad dancer.

Valerie of Momia said...

I love to dance, too!! As a little girl, I took tap and ballet like most!! I was on the drill team in jr. high and spent one year on the dance team in high school. In college, I took tap, ballet, and modern. I never made it to pointe- I'm not that good! I loved (still love) modern. I love the free form and expressive moves. I was dancing for Makayla a few days ago. (Boy, have things changed since my college days! Things don't move as easily or get off the ground like they used to!!) Makayla loved it! She smiled. laughed, and was enthralled as she watch me. I plan to put her in dance. She seems so musical. I hope she enjoys it and excells!