Friday, August 3, 2007

Rotten Fruit

The fruits of the Spirit have been getting a little rotten in my life lately. Not a pretty sight!
Galatians 5:22 says: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
I have been doing a lot of reading, praying and quite frankly, crying these past few weeks. But God has met me there. He has shown me much and continues to open up some those dark areas of my heart that need His light.
I have needed to forgive and to ask for forgiveness. The process is well underway but will be just that, a process.
Christ died for the sins of the world - the sins of my offenders as well as my offenses. If I do not let the blood of Christ cover my sin, I deny His work and my faith is false - so, in faith, I am allowing God to forgive me. This is not always been easy for me but He is "renewing my mind" and giving me a new way to think. Pray for me if you will. I need it.
Anxious to be growing some new fruit!

7 comments:

Alida said...

Angie, I'm sorry times are difficult for you. I will keep you in my prayers. I know with God's love and guidance you will come through and be stronger in faith and love. All the things that already make you such a wonderful person.

Sharon said...

Isn't it awesome that God never runs out of new fuit to be produced? We'll never reach the end of His bountiful provisions!

I'm proud of you and will be praying for continued perseverance down this path that you find yourself on.

"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it into completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil. 1:6

Glory Laine said...

Love you Angie and I've always loved your fruit salad you bring to Court Street. Daniel is lucky to have a mom who always wants to better herself.

AngieG said...

Thanks friends - your encouragement strengthens me. I am lucky to have you all in my life.

Julie said...

Angie~You're such a sweet friend. I hope things are better! Sorry it has taken me so long to read this blog!! Love you.

Christy said...

My darlin' AngieBaby; The strength of your sweet spirit will always bring you to a place in the Light because shining stars such as you can live no where else but in the light of His Love. Do not be so hard on yourself Angie...the Lord knows where you came from and He knows how hard you have worked to learn to live better, act better and share your love and blessings

Lion Heart said...

Angie it was really nice to read this blog not because it was good to hear your in a slump these days but because I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your faith and the prespective you have on your situation its very encouraging to read what you wrote I hope your days get better I have those days too and I will now take into consideration what you wrote when I have those days so that I can keep hope. Its tough to give good fruits sometimes but your well on your way there!