Sunday, May 13, 2007

Every Day is Mothers Day



As my first Mothers Day is coming to an end, I'm typing this post with one hand while feeding Daniel with the other. He is on my lap drinking milk and cooing. He's also kicking the computer closet door and trying to grab everything on the table top.

I'm a Mom.

Daniel gave me the best gift ever this year! Just on Saturday, he started saying "Mama" for the first time. Jim and I have been having a blast getting him to repeat it over and over. He begins by opening and closing his mouth like a fish - no sound - just the mouth - THEN, he puts his voice behind it and it starts to come... "Ma ma mum mama mum" It's a wonder! He's just brilliant!

I didn't wake up with my annual anxiety and nausea today - what a change that was. For the first time, I began Mothers Day with joy and expectation. But I couldn't help but remember my sorrow from years past. They taught me a lot about myself but also about the hurts that others endure on Mothers Day.

I pray for those today who have lost their Mother or lost a child. I pray for those that long to be a Mom and somehow its just not happening yet. I pray for those that are out of relationship with their Mom and this day amplifies that rift. I pray specifically for Daniel's birthmother and all those birthmothers that first, choose life for their child, and then place them with a family to love and care for them because they are not able.

All that God has poured into us and how we are marked by His very image brings hope, peace and joy to all of us. Pray that Gods image in your life shines today and always.


P.S. Thank you God for making one of my dreams come true. My cup runneth over.



7 comments:

Alida said...

You are not just a mom, you are a GREAT mom. I'm so happy you enjoyed your mother's day.

Looking at the bottom picture...Oh yeah, you're a mom!!!

Glory Laine said...

Oh happy day. I rejoice with you my friend. Pictures of Daniel are so cute. He looks like a big boy in the top left one. Love ya Angie

Happy McNally Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day. You have such a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day Angie! I am just so inspired by your story, and you are such a reminder to treasure my children every minute. That comes through so clearly in your love for Daniel. It sounds like you had an amazing day, too.

Lion Heart said...

Yay! ou have an amazing story thanks for sharing it with us!

Sharon said...

So beautiful!! Everything: the adorable photos, the love you have for Daniel, the unique insights you have for those that struggle on this day, and the praise of the God that makes this all possible in the first place!

Thank you so much, Angie! And may every day be a happy Mother's Day for you!

momaof4 said...

Angie I am so glad I know you and have been able to be a friend through all of it and into the future!