Saturday, June 2, 2007

To Be Known

I think one of the strongest needs any person has is to be known. We all want to feel as if someone knows us and still loves us. Being the youngest of 7 children, I had to find a way to "be known" in all that chaos. I chose talking.
Some of you are currently nodding your heads in agreement - stop that! If I didn't get someone's attention, I could have been missed! I have always talked alot and truthfully, would like to talk less! If Jim reads this, which he does, he might disagree, but I talk a lot less than I used to!
I think I forget sometimes that my life now is not like my life as a child. I don't have to fight for attention; and besides, I am known and loved!
I am a daughter of God! The creator of the universe knows my name! He knew me before I was even formed in my mother's womb and had me in mind when making a way for salvation. To comprehend this is just too much for me! He knows the number of hairs on my head and longs to spend time with me. He saw me everytime I cried. He rejoices with me when I have little victories in my life. What did I ever do to deserve such devotion?!
Don't ever forget - He knows your name. He sees each tear that falls and hears you when you call!

5 comments:

Glory Laine said...

I needed to hear that this morning. Thank you.

Lion Heart said...

What an encouraging post! Good job Angie. Your such a friendly gal i really enjoy your company and the conversation.

momaof4 said...

Love you Angie!!
I took the other path of not talking and falling into the back ground being the youngest. And I have had to change into a more talkitive person. ;)
I remember my sister saying one time, she would ask me to drive around with her more if I talked more!! I like to sit and listen.
We are a good match!!!!

Quad Mom said...

Hi Ang,

It was nice talking to you today! Your baby is sooo cute! Can I still provide comments here if my children are four felines?

Love,
Nanc

Anonymous said...

You are so right Angie! This is a perfect reminder for me just now.