Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Papa






Today is my father's birthday - our first without him. I really didn't know how I'd feel about today and maybe was avoiding things a bit, but this morning, I am grateful. I'm grateful for the years I did have him in my life and this day brings a smile to my face. My Dad never liked getting older and many times would say he was turning "19" again. Most people hold out at 29, but my Dad never wanted to be older than 19! He was young at heart his whole life!

Happy Birthday Papa! I love you.

5 comments:

Glory Laine said...

2nd one down . . . he is so handsome!

Alida said...

Ditto on the handsome. A girl's relationship with her dad is like none other. Sending you some love today!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these sweet pictures. I'm sending you hugs today!

Molly said...

Thanks for sharing. What an awesome way to look at this day, being grateful. Somehow I imagine your dad would be touched, knowing how you feel.

Sharon said...

Hello Angie! I just found your blog...you're welcome to scoot over to mine as well if you'd like!

It's been wonderful to look back at your posts and see Daniel grow! And this post was just wonderful. What a sweet tribute to your dad. Thank you for sharing that with us!